Decision 2018 is not over yet in NY-22, three weeks post-Election Day.
Oneida County Board of Elections is done counting absentee ballots, but commissioners are still not reporting numbers in the 22nd Congressional District Race.
They say they're working on a final tally because they need to certify all election results to the state by next Monday. Anthony Brindisi, with the seven other counties in the district reporting, is victorious over Republican incumbent Claudia Tenney.
Anthony Brindisi sat down with Don Shipman on NewsTalk, to discuss a contentious run for the 22nd Congressional District seat, and what comes next.
He says he will prioritize infrastructure, healthcare, ethics and campaign finance reform, and agriculture.
The 22nd Congressional District of New York is a Congressional district for the United States House of Representatives, currently represented by Republican Claudia Tenney, located in Central New York. Democrat Anthony Brindisi defeated Tenney, in the 2018 midterm elections.
Significant cities in the district include Utica, Rome, Cortland and Binghamton. Binghamton University, Hamilton College, Colgate University, and Utica College are located in the district. The district includes all of Chenango, Cortland, Madison, and Oneida counties, and parts of Broome, Herkimer, Oswego, and Tioga counties.
- NewsTalk: Brindisi talks NY-22, three weeks post-election
- Congressman Brindisi begins first term representing NY-22
- NY-22: Rep. Brindisi addresses the public at Rome town hall
- Brindisi develops plan to better serve NY-22 veterans
- NewsTalk: Post-Boilermaker Nutrition
- NewsTalk: 22nd Congressional District Candidate Anthony Brindisi
- Newstalk: Agricultural Literacy Week
- Brindisi holds Tax Talk Town Hall
- Newstalk: Staffworks