WHITESTOWN, N.Y. -- Congressman Anthony Brindisi held a town hall at the Whitestown Senior Center on Wednesday.
He talked to the senior community about robocalls, lowering the cost of prescription drugs, the stability of social security, and his effort to protect Medicare.
The congressman says these are bigger issues that he's been addressing in Washington.
"We don't have to look at these issues on a partisan basis because a lot of this stuff has bipartisan support -- lowering drug costs, lowering health insurance costs, supporting our veterans, supporting our farmers. we just got to get through the noise and try and look at the issues we can actually accomplish," said Brindisi.
The congressman is having another town hall at New Hartford Senior High School on Thursday, Oct. 10.
- Brindisi talks to local seniors about medication costs, social security
- Brindisi and Jon 'Bowzer' Bauman talk Social Security in Utica
- Avoiding Social Security scams
- Brindisi continues fight against rising cable costs
- Fate of Medicare & Social Security
- Brindisi, Social Security rep weigh in on day 19 of government shutdown
- Brindisi, Griffo secure $175,000 to enhance Whitesboro schools' security
- Brindisi holds Tax Talk Town Hall
- Brindisi, Griffo secure state funding to fix Chenango Road Bridge