UTICA – Demolition of the Burrstone Road Bridge is now underway.
From 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Tuesday, demolition work will begin on the north side of the bridge, according to the state Department of Transportation.
The demolition work is expected to be completed by Aug. 3.
DOT officials are urging drivers to use caution in that area, and reminding them that fines are doubled for speeding in a work zone.
- Burrstone Road Bridge demolition now underway
- DOT warns of Arterial lane closures during Burrstone Road bridge deck demolition
- Phase 2 of Burrstone Road Bridge project begins Tuesday
- Boilermaker Sunday kicks off with 5K on Burrstone Road
- Whitesboro Street Demolition
- Trout season is underway
- Brindisi, Griffo secure state funding to fix Chenango Road Bridge
- Possible demolition for Greek Revival building on Utica's Varick Street
- Demolition begins on 11 flood-ravaged New Hartford homes
- Demolition begins on Chadwicks houses damaged by flooding