FORESTPORT, N.Y. -- A tour bus, being towed, caught fire late Monday night in Forestport.
It happened on Route 28 after 10:30 p.m.
The bus is a Hale Transportation bus. It was being towed due to mechanical issues.
Firefighters believe the rear brakes of the bus locked up, while being towed – but it's not known if that played a role in the fire.
One occupant of the tow truck suffered minor burns.
- One injured after tour bus being towed caught fire in Forestport
- Three injured in Forestport fire, home destroyed
- Another inch of snow in Forestport
- Person identified in deadly Forestport crash
- Fundraising effort underway for family displaced in Forestport house fire
- Tow truck operator injured in Westmoreland hit-and-run
- Parents voice concerns about possible closing of Forestport Elementary School
- Rome man purchases Buffalo Head Restaurant in Forestport Station
- Vote on Forestport Elementary School tabled until next week
- After unanimous vote, Forestport Elementary School is closing