UTICA – The event itself may be just over five months away, but it’s not too early to start thinking about the Central New York Memorial Stair Climb as registration opens this weekend!
On Sunday, April 1, registration will open for all previous years’ climbers and first responders climbing with full gear.
Photo of the 2018 CNY Memorial Stair Climb taken by MJ Studios
For the first time since the event’s inception, the CNY Memorial Stair Climb will be held on a Saturday this year. On Sept. 8 at the Utica State Office Building, 423 people will climb 110 flights of stairs in honor of the first responders who died on Sept. 11, 2001.
The CNY Memorial Stair Climb keeps alive the promise to “Never Forget” those who made the ultimate sacrifice in order to save others. It is not a timed event or a race, and climbers are released in waves throughout the morning.
At 5 p.m. May 11 registration will open up to first responders and their family with gear optional, and at 9 a.m. June 17 open registration will begin for anybody interested in climbing, with or without gear.
Registration is $50 until June 17, and after that the price will increase to $60. Registration only includes a T-shirt if you sign up before Aug. 1.
Registration also includes a ticket to the icebreaker event and climb cook-off the Friday evening before the climb, as well as the Brotherhood Bash at Sickenberger Lane on Varick Street after the climb.
To register for the climb, visit cnystairclimb.com.
- NewsTalk: CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- CNY Memorial Stair Climb registration to begin Sunday for first responders
- CNY Memorial Stair Climb draws hundreds
- NewsTalk: 4th annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb on Saturday
- WATCH LIVE: 4th annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb in Utica
- 400 take part in 4th annual CNY Memorial StaIr Climb
- Texas Roadhouse hosts fundraiser for CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- Annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb set for Sept. 7
- Retired FDNY firefighter in town for CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- CNY Stair Climb holds fundraiser for upcoming event