UTICA – As a way to remember 9/11, the Central New York Veterans Outreach Center held a 'day of service' for local veterans.
Local businesses held food drives in New Hartford and North Utica to collect goods for the center. Nicole Caquias, community engagement coordinator for the center, says the day of service is a way for people to contribute who may have felt helpless during the time of 9/11.
“It makes them feel like they're doing something and they're giving back even though it [9/11] was a tragic time where none of us could have done anything in that time,” said Caquias.
As for the donations, Caquias says, “we appreciate it, 100 percent."
Veterans can pick up the food donations until 2 p.m. today, Wednesday, Sept. 11, at the CNY Veterans Outreach Center, 726 Washington St., Utica.
- Veterans Outreach Center holds 'Day of Service' for local veterans
- Tenney makes donation to Veterans Outreach Center
- Veterans Outreach Center Apartments Now Open
- Mug Club: Veteran's Outreach Center Holiday Baskets & Services
- CNY Veteran's Outreach Center holds annual open house
- Renovations to Veterans Outreach Center gym now complete
- White Party raises money for CNY Veteran's Outreach Center
- A sneak peek inside the newly renovated Veterans Outreach Center
- Consider donating broken Christmas lights to CNY Veterans Outreach Center