UTICA, N.Y. – The Central New York Veteran’s Outreach Center held its 11th annual open house Monday, showcasing services offered by the organization.
The Center provides various programs for veterans, as well as a new housing complex with 30 units, a gym that opened this year and a transportation service.
“Even though we've been doing this for 11 years, a lot of veterans in need don’t realize they can come here and get help and their family members don’t realize it either. A lot of times we'll have a family member call and say my father was a veteran, my uncle -- and we'll go help them,” said Vincent Scalise, founder of Utica Center for Development.
The Center is also collecting donations for veterans’ Thanksgiving Day meals and baskets. Monetary donations will also be accepted to go toward providing the dinners to local veterans in need.
- CNY Veteran's Outreach Center holds annual open house
- Consider donating broken Christmas lights to CNY Veterans Outreach Center
- Vets get fresh haircut at CNY Veterans Outreach Center
- White Party raises money for CNY Veteran's Outreach Center
- A big CNY Veterans Outreach Center thank you!
- Veterans Outreach Center Apartments Now Open
- Veterans Outreach Center holds 'Day of Service' for local veterans
- Mug Club: CNY Psychiatric Center Open House
- Tenney makes donation to Veterans Outreach Center