FRANKFORT -- The Central New York Youth Fishing Educators teamed up with Sitrin Health Care Center for the annual Youth Fishing Derby at Camp Sitrin in Frankfort.
The goal of the event is to promote fishing opportunities for kids.
The derby is typically held the week after the Boilermaker. It started in 1984 by John F. Millett, who friends and family say made many contributions to the greater Utica area.
A coach with the fishing educators says he's honored to continue Millett's legacy.
"We keep this going in his memory," Coach . This is all about doc millett to keep his memory alive too. He's somebody that made a good mpact in our community too. We want to keep that memory going."
Organizers say they are always in need of more volunteers. If you want to learn more about volunteering with Camp Sitrin, click here.
- CNY Youth Fishing Educators teamed up with Sitrin Health Care Center for annual fishing derby
- NEWSTALK: Sitrin Youth Fishing Derby
- Frankfort holds 7th annual youth fishing derby
- Locals celebrate Lent with annual fish fry
- Local fish fry cancellations
- Sitrin holds annual Stars & Stripes Run-Walk
- Kossuth's Fish Market packed for Feast of the Seven Fishes
- Ice fishing through the CEAL Program
- Mug Club: 40 & 8 Fish Frys
- Sitrin Star enjoying experience at Paralympics