The event, which took place at the AHL's annual meeting of the Board of Governors in Hilton Head, South Carolina, paid tribute to great on and off-ice accomplishments from the recently concluded season.
Sean Lavoine, VP of Licensing and Corporate Sales for the AHL, spoke highly of the Comets’ community engagement, noting the over 100 community appearances by Comets’ players throughout the season, the Purple Heart Recognition Night and over $300,000 in donations to the local community. This is the fifth AHL Team Business award the Comets have received since the inaugural season and second for exceptional community service. This includes the James C. Hendy Memorial Award, the Presidents Award, and an award for Exceptional Fan Experience.
- Comets win Community Service Excellence Award
- Hope House hosts first community service awards
- Local teacher honored with statewide teaching excellence award
- WKTV takes home three Excellence in Broadcasting Awards
- NEWSTALK: Community Choice Awards
- Picente: Oneida County in excellent fiscal health
- Comets win wild one against Penguins in overtime
- Comet move within one point of Amerks with OT win
- Gritty performance lifts Comets to first win of season
- Demko returns from injury, Comets ground Rocket with 3-2 win