ILION, N.Y. – Central Valley Academy students decided to spread joy this holiday season in the form of ‘cheer baskets.’
Working with the Herkimer County Office for the Aging, members of the school student council put together baskets full of food items and winter accessories for older adults in the community.
Students delivered more than 30 holiday baskets, a tradition they’ve done for the past four years.
“I knew it was going out in the community and helping serve our community, and being involved in the school, and helping organize stuff at the school to get the students involved. This was definitely something that I was very happily surprised by. To be able to go and give everybody a nice little holiday cheer basket,” said Kara Reinhardt, a senior at CVA.
The student council raised all of the money to purchase the items included in the baskets.
- CVA students spread holiday joy with gifts for local seniors
- CVA students bring gift baskets, holiday cheer to local seniors
- CVA students deliver holiday baskets in Ilion and Mohawk
- Spreading holiday cheer: NY Mills third graders sing to seniors
- CVA seniors reflect on merger during annual walk-through tradition
- Holiday warning: Gift card hacking
- #OtherPeopleMatter: Clinton students spreading 'positivity' with portraits for seniors
- CVA tackling rise of casual pot use, vaping among students
- CVA offers free lunches to students while school is out
- Mug Club: Holiday Gift Baskets at RFA