WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP) - A missing cadet has been found dead at West Point.
The U.S. Military Academy says in a statement that the body of 20-year-old Cadet Kade Kurita of Gardena, Calif., was found at around 10 p.m. on Tuesday.
The cause of his death is under investigation, but foul play is not suspected.
An extensive search began after Kurita failed to report for a military skills competition at around 5:30 p.m. on Friday.
West Point's superintendent, Lt. Gen. Darryl Williams, says members of the academy are grieving. He says their thoughts and prayers go out to Kurita's family and friends.
- Cadet reported missing from West Point found dead
- West Point cadet killed, 22 injured in training rollover
- Army sergeant charged after West Point cadet dies during training
- Military: West Point cadet missing, may be a danger to himself
- Missing St. Johnsville woman found dead
- Missing man found dead in Oneonta
- Missing Hartwick woman found dead in Plainfield
- West Point honors Buffalo Soldiers.
- Search for missing toddler ends after mother found dead
- UPDATE: Bronx man missing out of Delaware County found dead