UPDATE: State police say they have the person believed to have made the threats against the Camden Central School District in police custody. Police say that charges will be filed against that individual.
The Camden Central School District is closed today after officials say a threat was made on Facebook against the district.
UPDATE: While the Camden Central School District is closed today due to a threat, the superintendent of the district says he will not comment on the situation until he's able to meet with state police. He's unsure when that meeting will be taking place.
A parent of a Camden Middle School student says she received a call from the superintendent Monday morning notifying her that there would be no classes due to the threat.
We'll continue to provide updates on this situation as more details become available.
UPDATE: State police have provided some more information regarding the threat that led to the Camden Central School District being closed today.
State police say they are investigationg a reported threat of school violence posted on Facebook at a non-specific Camden school building. State police consulted with the chief of the Camden Police Department, who then contacted the superintendent of Camden schools, and the decision was made to cancel all classes for Monday.
Police say the superintendent also requested that troopers be stationed at the district offices as police continue to investigate.
We will provide more information as it becomes available.
CAMDEN – New York State Police confirm to WKTV that Camden Central School District is closed today due to a threat.
State police are investigating after a reported threat of school violence was posted on Facebook at a non-specific Camden school building this morning.
- UPDATE: Person in custody following Facebook threat against Camden schools
- Man sentenced to prison time for threat against Camden schools
- Former Camden high school student pleads guilty
- Camden High School to offer drone course
- Camden police investigate social media threat at high school, 13-year-old charged with felony
- UPDATE: More than 1,000 customers still without power in Camden
- Man seriously injured in Camden school bus crash
- Camden police, schools, educate students for summer syringe season
- Extra patrols at Camden High School following lockdown
- Law enforcement investigating a drowning in Camden