CAMDEN, N.Y. – A Camden woman is facing charges of child endangerment. Authorities said she pepper sprayed her 15-year old child and pushed her 12-year old while she was drunk and high on pills.
Deputies with the Oneida County Sheriff’s Department said they responded to Moran Post Road in Camden Tuesday evening for a reported domestic dispute. An investigation revealed that during the dispute, Tammy M. Joy, 37 of Camden had sprayed her 15-year old child with pepper spray and had pushed her 12-year old child.
The 15-year old child was treated at the scene by Camden Ambulance. Authorities said Joy needed to be to taken by ambulance to Rome Memorial Hospital for further evaluation due to ingestion of alcohol and prescription medication. Joy was arrested and charged with felony criminal contempt, two counts of endangering the welfare of a child, and two counts of harassment.
Joy was taken to Oneida County Sheriff’s department - awaiting arraignment.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Camden mom accused of pepper spraying and pushing her teen children while drunk
- A mom on a popular YouTube show is accused of pepper-spraying her kids when they flubbed their lines
- Video shows mail carrier routinely pepper spraying dog
- 17-year-old Camden student arrested following fight with another teen
- Camden man accused of trying to have sex with child
- Florence man accused of raping minor in Camden last summer
- Camden man accused of having sexual contact with child
- Camden woman accused of stabbing husband of 42 years
- Utica man accused of spray-painting Salvation Army dumpsters
- Former Camden high school student pleads guilty