VIENNA – A Camden woman was injured in a two-car crash in the town of Vienna this morning, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 9 a.m., deputies responded to the crash at the intersection of Preston Hill and Elpis roads in the town of Vienna.
Deputies say 37-year-old Miranda Nieto of Blossvale was driving a 2012 Nissan SUV westbound on Elpis Road when she drove past the stop sign at the intersection with Preston Hill Road without stopping. As Nieto went through the intersection, her vehicle collided with a 2004 Dodge SUV driven by 57-year-old Christine Specht of Camden, who was driving northbound on Preston Hill Road, according to deputies.
After the initial collision Specht’s vehicle overturned onto the driver's side before colliding with a utility pole off the west shoulder of Preston Hill Road. Specht sustained injuries that deputies say appeared non-life-threatening, and she was transported to St. Elizabeth Medical Center by AmCare Ambulance for treatment.
Deputies say Nieto and her passenger were not injured in the crash.
Nieto was issued a ticket for failing to stop at a stop sign and she’s scheduled to appear in the Town of Vienna Court at a later date.
New York State Police, the Camden Volunteer Fire Department and AmCare Ambulance assisted the Sheriff’s Office at the scene.
- Camden woman injured in 2-car crash in Vienna
- 2 injured in 2-car crash in Vienna
- 1 injured in 2-car crash in Westmoreland
- 3 injured in 2-car crash on Commercial Drive
- 2-car crash temporarily halts traffic on Arterial
- 2-car crash in Westmoreland shuts down roadway
- Vienna car-pedestrian crash leads to severe injury and arrest
- Woman arrested, 2 hospitalized following overnight Vienna accident
- 1 person hurt in 2-car crash in Marcy
- 2-car crash outside Planet Fitness in north Utica