FRANKFORT – The New York State Canal Corporation will soon be holding a public meeting about additional work to the Erie Canalway Trial in the Mohawk Valley.
A meeting will be held from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 6 at the Frankfort Village Municipal Building, located at 110 Railroad St. During the meeting, officials will give local residents information about proposed trail construction, which would begin at the intersection of Acme Road and the westbound off-ramp fort Route 5S in Frankfort, and would stretch 1.25 miles east to the Ilion Marina.
Officials want to construct a 10-foot-wide asphalt paved path, with two-foot shoulders on each side of the trail along with trail signage.
At the Feb. 6 meeting, Canal Corp. officials will answer the public’s questions and show graphic displays of what the proposed trail would look like.
The Erie Canalway Trail runs from Albany to Buffalo, and it’s currently more than 80 percent complete, according to the Canal Corp. It’s expected to be finished by 2020.
- Canal Corp. to host Frankfort meeting about canal trail project
- Chicks Along the Canal
- Bridge removed, Canal Reopened
- NY Canal Corporation working hard on Erie Canal winter maintenance
- Mug Club: Erie Canal Half
- Mug Club: Erie Canal Cruises
- Local volunteer opportunities this weekend to clean up canal trails
- Downtown Community Forum focuses on canal
- Erie Canal Kids Run canceled due to weather concerns
- Hundreds run in the Erie Canal Half : A Boilermaker Event