LENOX, N.Y. -- A Canastota man was found covered in blood on a Madison County street and now he's facing charges.
Sheriff's officials say deputies were called to a burglary in progress on North Street in the town of Lenox Thursday morning around 7:45 a.m.
Upon arrival, deputies say 33-year-old Richard Galavotti was covered in blood across the street from the caller's house.
An investigation was conducted and it was discovered that earlier in the morning, Galavotti was allegedly at his residence when he became agitated, broke a window and then exited the residence.
Galavotti then walked across the street to another house and entered the neighbor's residence, according to police.
They say Galavotti then pointed a knife at a woman who was in the house and threatened to kill her. She screamed and her son ran over to Galavotti and took the knife from him. The son then pushed Galavotti out of the residence and called 911.
Galavotti was transported to a medical facility for cuts on his arms.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Deputies: Canastota man found covered in blood arrested following burglary call
- Canastota man accused of raping child in Vernon
- Oneida man accused of making meth in Canastota apartment
- Blood shortage
- Canastota elementary students evacuated due to carbon monoxide alarms
- Canastota teen killed in 1-vehicle crash in Madison County
- 8th annual Special Olympics Autumn Games held in Canastota
- Hall of Fame Induction Weekend kicks off in Canastota
- Canastota traffic light to remain at busy intersection
- Man accused of threatening woman with gun during altercation in Canastota