UTICA, NY - The Care Net Pregnancy Center of Central New York will be holding a grand opening Thursday, October 25th at their new location, 1418 Genesee Street in Utica.
The facility offers a wide variety of free counseling services to young women and families who may have experienced an unwanted pregnancy or may just need some parenting classes.
Paul Marshall, Care Net's president and executive director, says Care Net's Earn While You Learn Program teaches parenting classes that are beneficial in more ways than one.
"Once a pregnancy is confirmed, they can begin taking parenting classes that educate them on a wide range of topics. At the same time, they can earn boutique bucks that they can redeem inside our boutique for personal care items and items for the baby."
Although Care Net does not offer medical services they are partnered with Next Step Testing which is located in the same building.
Next Step provides ultrasounds, STD screening and treatment, counseling options, and more.
- Care Net offers aid to expecting families
- NY lawmakers introduce net neutrality bill
- The fight to protect net neutrality
- End of Net Neutrality takes effect today
- House votes to restore net neutrality rules
- NewsTalk: Oneida Family Fun Night supports foster care and adoption
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- Thunderstorms expected Wednesday
- Earlier flu season expected
- Freezing rain expected Wednesday