SCHUYLER, NY - The 21st annual Schuyler Car & Corn Extravaganza took place Saturday at the Schuyler Recreation Center on Wood Lane.
The family friendly event was free, and offered something for everyone.
There were plenty of classic cars to look at, but there was also a petting zoo, bounce houses, axe throwing, and a Mercy Flight helicopter was on display for people to check out.
There was even a cutest dog contest.
Of course the big event was the corn on the cob eating contest.
"The top qualifiers will go up on stage and try to eat as much corn as they can in 90 seconds" said David Lupi, one of the events organizers.
"Last year we had a gentleman from Connecticut that ate almost 4 pounds of corn in 90 seconds."
The winner of the corn eating contest took home a $1,000.00 cash prize.
The festivities wrapped up with a huge fireworks display.
- Cars and corn: A Schuyler tradition for 21 years
- Cars and corn highlight annual Schuyler event
- Vintage snowmobiles and tradition
- Mug Club: Town of Schuyler 20th Annual Car Show
- No injuries reported after UPS truck, car crash in Schuyler
- Aluminum benches stolen from a Schuyler playground
- Mug Club: Schuyler Lake Truck Pulls
- Frankfort-Schuyler star signs NLI with Herkimer
- Amtrak : Why a stop in Schuyler?
- Mug Club: Corned Beef Dinner