SCHUYLER, NY – The 20th annual Schuyler Car Show and Corn on the Cob Eating Contest took place Saturday at the Wood Lane Park in Schuyler.
The event featured a classic car show, hot air balloon rides, a petting zoo, and plenty of food and music.
The highlight of the evening was the annual corn on the cob eating contest, which featured 5 contestants trying to eat as much corn as possible in 90 seconds.
The annual festival brings the whole Schuyler community together.
Cosmo Pellegrino, who chaired the event, says money raised from the festivities will go to help out a local girl and her family.
“For our event, we chose to donate the proceeds from the corn qualifications to a local Schuyler girl, Maureen Kimball, who’s currently battling leukemia for the second time. So we’re hoping to donate some money to the family to offset some expenses.”
This year’s winner of the corn eating contest came all the way from Connecticut.
He ate 1,237.3 grams of corn.
Besides a belly ache, he’ll be taking home $1,000 in cash.
- Cars and corn highlight annual Schuyler event
- Cars and corn: A Schuyler tradition for 21 years
- Mug Club: Town of Schuyler 20th Annual Car Show
- Two-car accident in Schuyler under investigation
- No injuries reported after UPS truck, car crash in Schuyler
- Free Car Seat Inspection Event
- Aluminum benches stolen from a Schuyler playground
- Mug Club: Schuyler Lake Truck Pulls
- Frankfort-Schuyler star signs NLI with Herkimer
- Amtrak : Why a stop in Schuyler?