UTICA, N.Y. -- The case of the Rome mother, charged in the death of her baby, was back in Oneida County Court Thursday – without the defendant.
Brooke Renzi is charged with criminally negligent homicide in the death of her 6-month-old daughter.
Her attorney was given Thursday as a deadline to file motions.
Renzi is accused of not checking on the baby for a span of 12 hours.
Renzi's presence was not required for the proceedings Thursday.
The father of the baby, Derek Dyer, is also charged in the case. His defense is that he didn't put the baby to bed, Renzi did.
- Case against Rome mother charged in daughter's death back in court
- Rome father charged in daughter's death back in court Monday
- Rome man accused in daughter's death back in court Tuesday
- Case dismissed against Rome father charged with infant daughter's death
- Rome couple charged in infant daughter's death
- Trial date set for Rome woman charged in daughter's death
- Rome mother charged in baby's death rejects plea deal
- Investigation continues into death of Rome mother
- Rome mother charged with homicide in baby's death appears in court
- Motion for dismissal denied in case of Rome mother charged in baby’s death