UTICA, N.Y. -- The case of the Rome mother, charged in the death of her baby, was back in Oneida County Court Thursday – without the defendant.
Brooke Renzi is charged with criminally negligent homicide in the death of her 6-month-old daughter.
Her attorney was given Thursday as a deadline to file motions.
Renzi is accused of not checking on the baby for a span of 12 hours.
Renzi's presence was not required for the proceedings Thursday.
The father of the baby, Derek Dyer, is also charged in the case. His defense is that he didn't put the baby to bed, Renzi did.
- Case against Rome mother charged in daughter's death back in court
- Rome father charged in daughter's death back in court Monday
- Rome man accused in daughter's death back in court Tuesday
- Rome couple charged in infant daughter's death
- Rome mother charged in baby's death rejects plea deal
- Rome mother charged with homicide in baby's death appears in court
- Rome parents, accused in daughter's death, offered plea deal
- Otsego County mother charged in deaths of infant twins appears in court
- Rome man accused in connection with daughter's death rejects plea deal
- Oneonta Hotel court case decision