TOWN OF PARIS, N.Y. - A Cassville man was charged with assault after a deputy was injured while attempting to arrest him.
Authorities said Mark C. Keenan, 21, of Cassville was being placed under arrest after he allegedly shoved a deputy while on his property located on Summit Road in the Town of Paris. Deputies informed Keenan he was being arrested and that's when they said Keenan struggled with officers who were trying to take him into custody.
Deputies had been called to the home for a peace officer complaint when the incident took place.
Representatives with the Oneida County Sheriff's Department said the deputy injured his hand in the incident. He was taken to a local hospital where he was treated and released.
Keenan was charged with assault, resisting arrest and harassment.
- Cassville man charged with assault after altercation with deputy
- Mug Club: Cassville Fire Department Craft Show
- Cassville teen arrested for stabbing a woman
- Camden Central High School student charged after altercation with another student
- Cops: Chevy Chase kicked in roadside altercation in New York
- State Police investigating an altercation following accident in Sylvan Beach
- UPDATE: Man charged with assault following 7-hour standoff in Rome
- Man charged with impersonating a Madison County sheriff's deputy
- Deputies: Inmate falsely accused another inmate of sexual assault
- 2 people arrested following drug incident, altercation at Otsego County Jail