LITTLE FALLS – Three people continue to recover from injuries sustained in the explosion and fire on West Main Street in Little Falls on Wednesday, and at least one of them remains in the hospital. Information on the extent of their injuries have not been release.
In the meantime, a feline has risen from the ashes!
The Devereese family, who live in the home where the initial explosion from the gas leak occurred, thought they lost two pets in the blast, a dog and a cat. Imagine their surprise when they learned their cat, Jag, was in the garage.
“They were very grateful that he made it through, because a lot of pets don't make it through house fires,” said Dr. Amanda Ostasz of Herkimer Veterinary Associates. “Their instinct is to hide and they don't get found, so, he's very lucky.”
They don’t know if Jag was thrown from the house by the force of the blast, or if he was able to escape on his own. He suffered burns to his paws and corneas, and his whiskers were singed off, but his doctors expect him to make a full recovery.