CAZENOVIA, N.Y. – A 75-year-old man from Cazenovia was sentenced Thursday to 45 years in prison for sexually abusing a child under the age of seven.
Naven Conley pleaded guilty to three counts of sexual exploitation of a child this past June, after admitting to engaging in sexually explicit conduct with a child under the age of 7 on three separate occasions.
Conley says from 2016 through 2018, he recorded his encounters with the child on his cell phone. He also admits to using photos and videos containing child pornography to entice the child to engage in sex acts with him. He was found in possession of 21 photos and 15 videos of child porn downloaded from the internet.
Chief United States District Judge Glenn T. Suddaby also imposed a lifetime term of supervised release, which will start after Conley is released from prison, and ordered a $300 special assessment. Conley will also be required to register as a sex offender upon release.
Conley’s crime was investigated by the New York State Police, Troop D, Computer Crimes Unit and United States Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).
The case was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Geoffrey J. L. Brown as a part of Project Safe Childhood, which uses federal, state and local resources to better apprehend and prosecute individuals who exploit children online, as well as to identify and rescue victims. For more information about Project Safe Childhood, visit: www.justice.gov/psc.
- Cazenovia man sentenced to 45 years in prison for sexually exploiting a child
- Utica man sentenced for sexually abusing child
- Newstalk: Cazenovia Fourth of July Foot Race
- Frankfort man sentenced to prison time for criminal sexual act against a child
- Camden man sentenced for attempting to sexually abuse a child
- Former Cooperstown teacher pleads guilty to sexually exploiting children
- Mug Club: 47th Annual Cazenovia July 4th Foot Races
- Utica man accused of sexually abusing child
- Westmoreland man accused of sexually abusing child