SCHUYLER LAKE, NY – Family, friends, and colleagues, of Laurie Ann Pestar gathered at the Schuyler Lake Fireman’s Field Saturday to celebrate her life with fond memories, food, and music.
The former Cooperstown Elementary School principal’s secretary passed away in June following a long and courageous battle with cancer.
Her son, Jeremy Denmeade, says it’s overwhelming to realize how many people’s lives she affected.
“We get to celebrate all the good that she’s put out in the world. People get to share all the fond memories of her, and it makes my family feel good knowing how much of an impact she’s had on people’s lives, and really how many lives she’s touched over the years.”
- Celebrating the life of a former Cooperstown Elementary School secretary
- Cooperstown man shares cancer story ahead of Relay for Life
- Cooperstown Says Goodbye to Graduates
- Proposed parking plan in Cooperstown
- Work on $1.2M project continues in Cooperstown
- New flag pole installed in Cooperstown
- Thrift store in Cooperstown helps shelter animals
- No ruling on Cooperstown parking plan
- Six new members enshrined in Cooperstown
- Republican gubernatorial candidate Marc Molinaro visits Cooperstown