NEW HARTFORD – The Food Bank of Central New York and Townsquare Media teamed up Thursday night to host the first celebrity bartending challenge.
At Tom Cavallo’s Restaurant in New Hartford, local “celebrities” put their bartending skills to the test. All tips collected will benefit the Food Bank of CNY and 10 percent of Cavallo’s sales were also donated to help feed those in need.
Organizers of the event say they hope the event will continue.
“They really wanted to do something to support the Food Bank, and not only to raise money, but to raise awareness about the work that we’re doing here in Oneida County,” said Lynn Hy, chief development officer for the Food Bank of CNY. “We were throwing out ideas and this idea came about and everyone seems to be having a great time, so we’re hoping that this is going to be the first of several annual celebrity bartending events.”
The final total raised Thursday night was $945.
- Celebrity bartending challenge raises funds for Food Bank of CNY
- CNY Drone Challenge
- Celebrity bartenders raise money for Q-Center for LGBTQ youth
- Dunkin; Iced Coffee Day on Wednesday to benefit Food Bank of CNY
- NEWSTALK: CNY Drones
- White Party raises money for CNY Veteran's Outreach Center
- Schumer Makes Stop In CNY
- NewsTalk: CNY Memorial Stair Climb
- Remnants of Florence impacting CNY...
- Will government shutdown affect food stamps, banks?