ROME, NY -The Center for Family Life and Recovery is expanding to western Oneida County.
CFLR held a ribbon cutting Thursday morning for its new office in the Rome Sign and Display Company building on Erie Boulevard West.
The Rome Chamber of Commerce and the public were invited to stop in and see how CFLR is growing.
This expansion helps CFLR offer services to more people. The organization provides addiction prevention, mental health, and behavioral services, but it’s not all about substance abuse and prevention.
The organization’s executive director explained how services are offered on several other fronts.
“There's been a lot of conversation and questions about groups in the Rome area. Primarily we do anger management, we do a choices group for individuals who are going through court, so they are court mandated to do a group to help them with domestic violence,” said Cassandra Sheets, CFLR Executive Director.
The CFLR is committed to working to improve the individuals' quality of life. There are two other locations, on Court Street in Utica and North Washington Street in Herkimer.
- Center for Family Life and Recovery expands to Rome
- Abraham House expands to Rome
- Dog Saves Rome Man's Life
- NY to fund 14 new drug addiction recovery centers
- NewsTalk: National Recovery Month
- Rome Memorial Hospital promotes National Donate Life month
- Otsego County Child Advocacy Center expands with new exam room
- Rome cops take on Rome coaches
- Griffo secures funding for Rome PD's new mobile command center
- Syracuse Vet Center offering services to veterans in Rome