UTICA, N.Y. -- It's flag day, and Congressman Anthony Brindisi joined Chanatry's Hometown Market for a Flag Day celebration.
People gathered – outside the almost always patriotic windows – to honor veterans and the stars and stripes Friday afternoon.
Those who served to protect this country say Friday is a reminder of what the red, white, and blue stands for.
And on behalf of Congress - Congressman Brindisi presented Chanatry's with a flag that was flown over the United States Capitol, and a certificate to the family of Bill Chanatry for his service in the United States Army.
- Chanatry's honors service members with Flag Day celebration
- Flag Day Celebrations
- Chanatry's Great Grocery Grab
- Service members honored at Parkway Center luncheon
- Chanatry's to offer curbside pickup in January
- Business leader, retail icon, Bill Chanatry remembered
- Oneida County Sheriff’s Office members honored with service awards
- Elks Lodges around the Mohawk Valley celebrate Flag Day
- Hundreds line the sidewalks to remember Bill Chanatry
- Utica Police investigating a theft at Chanatry's Market