Fashion retailer Charlotte Russe filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection just under a week ago and outlined a plan including closing 94 of its stores and putting itself up for sale.
The company has more than 500 locations, including those under the Peek Kids brand, operating across the country. Many of those stores are within shopping malls.
Charlotte Russe said that "in the near term" it will provide additional information about the timing of closing sales and closing dates. The Charlotte Russe store in Sangertown Square Mall is among the list of stores to close.
According to a court filing, the chain plans to completely liquidate if it can't find a buyer by Feb. 17.
- Charlotte Russe to close near 100 stores
- Grocery store closing up after 100 years
- Engine 11 honors retired Fire Chief Russ Brooks
- Engine 11 to honor retired Utica Fire Chief Russ Brooks at annual dinner
- ACC football championship staying in Charlotte through 2030
- Comets win OT thriller against Checkers in Charlotte
- Starbucks to close stores for bias training
- Sears is closing 72 more stores
- Family Dollar will close nearly 400 stores
- Bed Bath & Beyond to close 40 stores