Fashion retailer Charlotte Russe filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection just under a week ago and outlined a plan including closing 94 of its stores and putting itself up for sale.
The company has more than 500 locations, including those under the Peek Kids brand, operating across the country. Many of those stores are within shopping malls.
Charlotte Russe said that "in the near term" it will provide additional information about the timing of closing sales and closing dates. The Charlotte Russe store in Sangertown Square Mall is among the list of stores to close.
According to a court filing, the chain plans to completely liquidate if it can't find a buyer by Feb. 17.
- Charlotte Russe to close near 100 stores
- Grocery store closing up after 100 years
- ACC football championship staying in Charlotte through 2030
- Comets win OT thriller against Checkers in Charlotte
- Starbucks to close stores for bias training
- Sears is closing 72 more stores
- Charlotte Rae -- Mrs. Garrett from TV's 'The Facts of Life,' 'Diff'rent Strokes' -- dies at 92
- Toys 'R' Us planning to close all 735 stores nationwide
- Tops Friendly Markets to close its underperforming stores
- Whitesboro ice cream store closes after 33 years