Photo Gallery 2 Images
OXFORD – A Chenango County man is facing charges after he was allegedly found to be in possession of crystal meth and several weapons, according to the Chenango County Sheriff’s Office.
Around 5:45 a.m. Friday, the Sheriff’s Office and the New York State Police CNET and SORT teams executed a “no-knock” search warrant at 24 N. Washington St. in the village of Oxford.
Deputies say prior to their no-knock search, they conducted a lengthy investigation at that location and found that 40-year-old Joshua Figery was allegedly involved with the distribution of crystal methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana in Oxford. That investigation then led authorities to the no-knock search warrant at that location.
Deputies say during the search, crime scene technicians and detectives found several loaded handguns, including a .380 caliber handgun, two .22 caliber handguns, and a .40 caliber handgun. They also found approximately 20 grams of crystal methamphetamine, which was individually packaged to be sold, and more than $1,200 in cash. Deputies say their investigation also found that one of the handguns was stolen.
Figary was then located at 10 Franklin St. in Oxford and taken into custody without incident. He’s charged with two counts of third-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal possession of drug paraphernalia, criminal possession of a weapon, and criminal possession of stolen property.
- Chenango County man facing drug, weapon charges after no-knock search
- 2 Utica residents facing drug, weapon charges
- Utica man facing list of drug and weapon charges
- Utica man facing list of drug, weapon charges
- Utica man facing drug, weapon charges following narcotics investigation
- Lewis county man faces weapons charges after unscheduled probation check
- Parolee facing several drug, weapon charges in Utica
- Utica man facing list of drug charges following apartment search
- Chenango County woman killed in house fire
- Chenango Ave Bridge construction underway