UTICA, N.Y. -- A new restaurant is open in North Utica. The long-awaited "Tavolo" opened its doors on North Genesee Street.
It's run by the owners of chesterfields restaurant. Tavolo, means table in Italian.
The staff says it's no coincidence they are opening the night before Thanksgiving, as it's dubbed the biggest night of the year to go out.
Coal-fired pizza, pasta and of course, greens. The slogan is "from the old neighborhood.”
“The city is growing. We decided grow with the city. We moved to this location here. We got the same dishes for 30 years. Our signature dishes, chicken riggies, greens, steak Morelle, all that stuff we had in our Bleecker location, we're moving it here. Plus we added a lot of new stuff to it,” said head chef Luis Colon.
Tavolo is open late afternoons and evenings only to start. As for Chesterfields on Bleecker – soon it will be banquets only.
- Chesterfield owners open new restaurant in Utica
- Brindisi holds fundraiser at Chesterfield
- Denny's Restaurants open on Thanksgiving
- Restaurant Week kicks off in Utica
- New restaurant coming to downtown Utica
- Longtime owner selling Babe's restaurant to Mohawk Valley Garden
- New owners plan to reopen Cinderella's Restaurant in Sylvan Beach
- Local restaurant owner helps man who stole from him
- North Utica KFC opens Thursday
- Utica Armory holds open house