WILLOWVALE- Chief of Willowvale Fire Company and Oneida County Sheriff Deputy, Wayne Smoulcey, died after a long battle with cancer.
Willowvale Fire Company made the announcement on Facebook Wednesday night.
Smoulcey was diagnosed with a form of Leukemia seven years ago. Since then, he's battled other kinds of cancer.
He worked with the Oneida County Sheriff's Department, and the Willowvale Fire Company for many years.
He has a young son, and daughter on the way.
Calling hours and funeral details will be released once they're finalized.
- Chief Smoulcey of Willowvale Fire Company passes away after long battle with cancer
- Benefit being held for Willowvale fire chief, Oneida County deputy sheriff diagnosed with stage 4 cancer
- Mug Club: Benefit for Fire Chief & Deputy Sheriff Wayne Smoulcey
- Mug Club: Willowvale Fire Dept. Bingo Benefit for Believe 271
- Funeral arrangements made for Wayne Smoulcey
- Thousands of community members standing behind Wayne Smoulcey
- End of watch: Family, friends say goodbye to Wayne Smoulcey
- Loved ones remember Wayne Smoulcey for committing his life to his community
- NY State Police Investigator dies following battle with cancer
- Benefit for Desiree Sotelo, local military vet battling cancer