WHITESBORO, N.Y. -- Whitesboro Fire Chief Pete Sobel has decided to call it a career.
Sobel has served as Whiteboro's fire chief for the last 15 years. George Massarotti is the new chief.
The change takes effect immediately.
In a letter on the Whitesboro Volunteer Fire Department's Facebook page, Sobel writes:
- Chief Sobel retires from Whitesboro Fire Department
- Retired Whitesboro fire chief nationally recognized
- Whitesboro Police Chief Dominick Hiffa retires
- Ilion Fire Chief Retires
- Rome Fire Chief retires
- New fire chief at Rome Fire Department
- Sobel's big day at the plate helps Holland Patent beat New Hartford to remain undefeated
- Utica Fire Department names next assistant chief
- Ilion Fire Department names new chief
- Engine 11 honors retired Fire Chief Russ Brooks