WHITESBORO, NY – The Children’s Dyslexia Center of Central New York, hosted their 5th annual gala at Hart’s Hill Inn Saturday.
The event featured plenty of food, entertainment, raffle baskets, and a photo booth.
This year’s theme, “Unmasking Dyslexia” was designed to help people realize not only the struggles children with dyslexia and their families go through, but also the successes they’ve made thanks to the educational resources designed to help improve their overall learning experience.
Craig Cobb, a board member for the Children’s Dyslexia Center, says the money raised at the gala will help fund the operational budget of the center, which is well over $100,000 a year.
“We’ve touched quite a few of the children. We’ve seen dramatic improvements in their ability to read, their self-confidence, and their self-esteem. The program has had a major impact on many children’s lives right here locally.”
Officials with the Dyslexia Center say they assist at least 20 children a year, with at least 20 more on a waiting list who need help.
- Children's Dyslexia Center hosts 5th annual gala
- Mug Club: 'Unmasking Dyslexia' at CNY's Children's Dyslexia Center
- Dyslexia Demo at Sangertown
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association hosts annual gala
- Abraham House 20th annual gala
- Hinckley Lake hosts 5th Annual Ice Fishing Derby
- Bridgewater hosts 5th annual Believe 271 5K road race
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Hart's Hill Inn hosts Pink Tie Gala
- Mug Club: 5th Annual Appreciation Picnic