The warmth we saw earlier this week has quickly departed. For two days in a row, temperatures managed to climb above 80 degrees. This short streak ended Thursday, with temperatures only climbing into the mid 60s. A cold front was to blame, sliding through the region and bringing clouds and light rain showers throughout the day.
As this cold front continues to drop south, dry air will follow. Skies will clear out for Thursday night, allowing temperatures to fall into the 40s! The coldest spots will likely see temperatures in the upper 30s, but that's about as cold as it should get. While this may seem early, it's not. The record coldest temperaures for this week are in the mid 30s - and that's for the Utica/Rome region!
Sunshine on Friday will help bring temperatures back into the upper 60s to low 70s. The weather looks fantastic for high school football in the evening! The weather looks to change again on Saturday, with the next weather system bringing widespread clouds and rain showers.
- Chilly Thursday night
- Snow returns Thursday night
- Flash freeze Thursday night
- Icy spots developing Thursday night
- WKTV participates in Saranac Thursdays media night
- Educators honored for their service Thursday night
- April ends chilly, May starts in warmth
- 'Night to Shine' prom night at MVCC
- Night owl health risks
- Mug Club: Relay Night