FRANKFORT – Fire officials have released the cause of a fire that left nine people without a home earlier this week.
A cigarette on the second-floor porch of a house on Reese Road near Second Avenue.
Frankfort Fire Department officials say a second-floor tenant was smoking on the porch and discarded the cigarette before leaving the house around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Firefighters from several departments were called to the home four hours later for a report of the fire. The Red Cross is assisting the four adults and five children who lived in the multi-family home.
- Cigarette caused Frankfort porch fire which left nine homeless
- Frankfort home damaged after porch catches fire
- Porch Pirates
- One left homeless after fire in Waterville damages house
- Banning flavored e-cigarettes
- Frankfort Police Incident Update
- UPDATE: Barn fire in Frankfort deemed accidental
- Red Cross assisting nine after Frankfort fire
- Man dies in Frankfort house fire
- Frankfort police identify fatal fire victim