The Utica Police Department's Citizen's Police Academy held its annual graduation ceremony Monday evening following a nine-week course.
The students learned about the rules and regulations that a police officer has to go through in a typical shift.
This year's graduating class of 16 was the biggest class they have had since they rebooted the program three years ago.
"After graduation we hope they take whatever they learned and spread their knowledge throughout the communities that they live in, and hope that some of them take our police test... or if they have family members interested in being police officer," said Sgt. James Laurey, one of the instructors.
The course is offered once a year at MVCC.
Congratulations to all of this year's graduates.
- Citizen's Police Academy graduates 16
- Students graduate from 'Citizen's Police Academy' at MVCC
- Rome Free Academy graduation
- Police Academy graduation at the Stanley
- UPD'S Citizens' Police Academy returns for another year
- 17 firefighters graduate from Utica Fire Academy
- 4 locals graduate from Utica Fire Academy
- 208 troopers graduate from NY State Police Academy
- 23 graduates complete Fire Protection Specialist Academy Class
- 21 local corrections officers graduate from Basic Corrections Academy