FRANKFORT, N.Y. -- For the first time in Frankfort-Schuyler history, a time capsule from the Class of 1999 was unearthed Friday.
Members from both the Class of 2019 and 1999 gathered in front of the school in front of the time capsule.
The celebration was all about passing the torch on to the next class.
They believe that notes to parents, old cassette players and mixtapes are a few things that could be found inside of the capsule.
"We have not opened it yet we are waiting for everyone at the reunion. But I have no idea, I dont even remember burying it. Every time we come out for a fire drill the kids always see the headstone and say we are going to open that in 1999, so I have no idea what's in there,” said Michelle Cleveland, a 1999 graduate.
The capsule will be opened on November 29 for the class reunion. The current class of 2019 is also making a time capsule of their own that they will bury to carry on this tradition.
- Class of 1999 Frankfort-Schuyler graduates dig up time capsule
- Frankfort-Schuyler star signs NLI with Herkimer
- Mug Club: Frankfort-Schuyler Craft & Vendor Fair
- Gas leak cancels classes at Frankfort-Schuyler Middle/High for Friday
- Clinton upsets top-seed Holland Patent in Class B; Oriskany, Frankfort-Schuyler come away with wins in Class C
- Local professionals provide career insight at Frankfort-Schuyler school
- Frankfort-Schuyler students & alumni celebrate their music teacher
- Frankfort-Schuyler's Critelli continuing to be nightmare for opposing batters
- Northeast digs out