UTICA, N.Y. -- The Oneida Herkimer solid waste authority has a reminder about recycling and trashing certain items.
Left over grease from the turkey doesn't have to be a challenge.
You can drop cooking oil off at the Utica eco-drop today from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. or Saturday from 7 p.m. to 2 p.m.
There's no charge for recycling the grease. The grease can be place in a sealed, leak proof container.
Aluminum foil wrap, trays, and baking tins are accepted curbside for recycling year-round, but be sure they are clean for pickup. If these items cannot be cleaned, put them in your regular garbage.
A tip moving forward through the holiday season, if you're entertaining place clearly marked recyclable and garbage containers so your guests can help you recycle as well.
- Cleaning up from Thanksgiving
- Thanksgiving Travel Forecast
- Mug Club: Thanksgiving Dinner
- Thanksgiving Day Fast Facts
- NEWSTALK: Utica Rescue Mission Thanksgiving
- 1st Presbyterian Church Thanksgiving Dinner
- National 'Clean out the Refrigerator Day"
- Sylvan Beach Residents Clean Up Homes
- Stove Top unveils new 'Thanksgiving Dinner Pants'
- Bruno Mars providing 24K Thanksgiving dinners