UTICA, N.Y. --- The 40th annual toy train show was held at Union Station on Saturday and Sunday. Dozens of Vendors and thousands of model trains on display.
The show was put on by the Toy Train Collector's Society. One of the largest displays was their multi-track 11 foot by 4-foot custom display.
"Its all modulated, it comes in sections, it get loaded into a trailer and that's where it stays," said Collector David Peterson.
For many, this show was like taking a step back in time. The show had trains ranging from newer models to ones that date back to the mid-1940s.
Their was something for everybody at the show, whether you were looking for a specific model or needed one of your trains fixed.
One of the vendors called himself the train doctor and shares the same enthusiasm for the hobby.
"Well, I've been collecting them all my life. My first train I got when I was 8 months old, I still have it and it still runs," said David Shulz.
Show organizers tell us that having shows like these keep the hobby alive, and hopes for an even bigger turn out next year.
- Climb aboard for the 40th annual Utica Toy Train Show
- Clinton holds 40th annual KAC Run & Walk
- Mug Club: 40th Annual Friendship Craft Festival
- WATCH LIVE: 4th annual CNY Memorial Stair Climb in Utica
- Racers on their way in 40th annual Boilermaker 15K
- 40th Annual Sauquoit Valley Fine Arts & Crafts Show gets under way
- Mug Club: 10th Annual Madison FFA Farm Toy Show
- Mug Club: 40th Drums Along the Mohawk
- 40th Annual Remsen Barn Festival of the Arts is this weekend
- 40th annual Remsen Barn Festival of the Arts kicks off in Remsen