CLINTON, NY-- The Clinton community is celebrating it's Kraft Hockeyville USA title with a variety of activities leading up to the big game between the Buffalo Sabres and Columbus Blue Jackets this Tuesday.
Thousands from in around the Clinton area stopped by the Village Green on Saturday to hear Clinton Comets alumni speak about their memories of playing hockey more than 40 years ago. Former Clinton High School hockey state championship winners also spoke about their experiences on the ice at the Clinton Arena.
Fans had the chance to buy Clinton-Hockeyville merchandise, play a game of pick up hockey, eat from various food vendors, enjoy live music and even get autographs from NHL alumni.
Organizers said the weekend is full of events to get everyone involved in on the fun.
"Obviously a little arena like ours you can't fit everybody and who wants to come to the game, But this gives everybody a chance to celebrate," said Patty Louise, Clinton Hockeyville co-chair. "Today this is like a reunion a hockey reunion, people are just talking and sharing stories enjoying the stuff that's here, having a good family friendly-event and just being proud of legacy over 100 years of hockey here."
Tomorrow the Stanley Cup trophy will be on display from 1 to 4:30 p.m. at the Clinton Arena. The game will broadcast live on Tuesday at 7 p.m. on NBC Sports.
- Clinton celebrates Hockeyville USA title with events all weekend
- Clinton Among Hockeyville Final Four
- Hockeyville USA: Pep rally, NHL preseason game tonight in Clinton
- Fans, players ready for Hockeyville USA game in Clinton
- Clinton Arena in top 4 for chance to become next Kraft Hockeyville
- Local fireworks, events to celebrate this Labor Day weekend
- Mug Club: Community Celebration Event
- Local Veterans Day Celebration Events