CLINTON, N.Y - The annual Clinton Memorial Day Parade was held on Monday. Hundreds lined college street to watch the parade move through the village.
Parade participants threw candy to the children along the street. Congressman Anthony Brindisi also took part in the parade, waving to locals as he walked by.
The parade lasted for around a half hour and was followed by a ceremony in the Village Green to honor those veterans who lost their lives serving our country.
"It's really an opportunity to come out and remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice defending our freedoms and our country. I think it's important we honor our veterans every day not just on Memorial Day. It's important that we keep this day very solum and remember those defending us," said Congressman Brindisi.
- Clinton celebrates Memorial Day
- Memorial Day Weekend Forecast
- Flag Day Celebrations
- Utica celebrates May Day
- Labor Day Spent Well in Clinton
- Clinton celebrates Hockeyville USA title with events all weekend
- Village of Clinton doing its part to celebrate Constitution Week
- Utica celebrates Tomato Pie Day
- Utica Celebrates World Refugee Day
- Local Veterans Day Celebration Events