Syracuse, N.Y. - A magical run for the Clinton Warriors boys ice hockey team came to an end, as they fell to Auburn 5-1 in the Section III Division II Final at the War Memorial at Oncenter in Syracuse, Monday.
The Warriors struck first when Mark Novak put home a backhand in the first period, the goal was assisted by TJ Elsenbeck. Brian Saunders was solid in goal for the remainder of the first period, when Auburn started to up the pressure.
From there, Auburn would score five straight goals, two in the second and three in the third in order to capture the section title.
Johnny Malandruccolo scored two goals and had one assist, while Jake Morin scored a hat-trick for the Maroons in the win.
Clinton finishes the season 13-8-2, beating two-seed Whitesboro and top-seeded Cortland-Homer in order to earn a spot in the title game.
- Clinton falls in Section III Division II boys hockey final
- 2018 Section III Boys Ice Hockey Tournament
- Section III Boys Lacrosse Tournaments
- 2017 Section III Girls Field Hockey Tournament
- 2018 Section III Boys Basketball Tournament
- 2017 Section III Boys Soccer Tournament
- 10-30-19 SCORES: Camden captures third straight Section III Class C field hockey title; Little Falls, Poland and Waterville girls, Westmoreland-Oriskany boys advance to respective soccer section finals
- Camden, Clinton to play for Section III Class C field hockey title; Little Falls will face Port Byron in Class D final
- Section III Field Hockey All-State team announced
- 10-29-19 SCORES: CVA girls, Poland boys advance to respective soccer section finals; Holland Patent field hockey earns spot in Section III Class B final