SULLIVAN – A Clinton man was killed in a car-pedestrian accident on the Thruway in the town of Sullivan on Thursday, according to New York State Police.
Police say just before 9:30 p.m. Thursday, March 1, 58-year-old Tom Decrescenzo of Clinton was driving westbound on the Thruway in Sullivan when his vehicle became disabled. He then tried to cross the westbound lanes of traffic and was struck by a passing vehicle, according to police.
Decrescenzo was pronounced dead at the scene.
The accident is currently under investigation, and it’s being reconstructed by the New York State Police Collision Reconstruction Unit.
- Clinton man killed in car-pedestrian accident on Thruway
- Whitesboro man injured in car-pedestrian accident
- Hamilton College student injured in car-pedestrian accident
- UPDATE: Syracuse man killed in Verona Thruway crash
- Crews respond to tractor trailer accident on the Thruway
- One charged with DWI in Sunday Thruway accident
- Utica police investigate fatal train pedestrian accident
- Utica woman charged with DWI after crashing car on Thruway
- Lewis County man killed in farming accident
- UPDATE: Florida man killed, woman injured in tractor trailer crash on Thruway