UTICA, N.Y. -- Mohawk Valley Health System began closing on five properties within the footprint of the new regional medical center in downtown Utica.
The property owners had previously signed purchase option agreements with MVHS to sell their properties.
"These individuals and businesses share our vision for a state-of-the-art regional medical center that is integral to the new vision for Downtown Utica and healthcare in our region,” said Bob Scholefield, the executive vice president/COO.
For the past two years, MVHS has been working to acquire the properties and assisting businesses in finding alternate locations.
HJ Brandeles Corp. has relocated to Judd Road, Resource Center for Independent Living is in the process of relocating to the old Boston Store building in downtown Utica.
Park Outdoor Advertising of New York is moving its offices from 514/524 Lafayette Street in Utica to 2429 Chenango Road.
After a property closing is completed, MVHS and its contracted partners will begin the process of abatement of hazardous materials within that site.
- Closing begins on 5 properties in new downtown Utica hospital footprint
- MVHS acquires another property in downtown Utica hospital footprint
- Demolition begins within downtown hospital footprint
- Utica Common Council tables discontinuance of properties in the downtown hospital footprint
- 7 of 35 property owners within downtown hospital footprint are ready to sell
- Utica Common Council approves sale of properties in footprint of hospital project
- HAZMAT survey underway in footprint of new Utica hospital
- MVHS begins process to acquire properties within downtown hospital site plan
- Downtown hospital project pushes forward as crews demolish second building within footprint
- Limited parking on Lafayette Street as demolition continues within downtown hospital footprint