CANTON, NY - Democratic Party voters in the north country have chosen their candidate for the 21st Congressional District race in November.
Tedra Cobb, a former St. Lawrence County Legislator, unofficially defeated five other candidates for the Democratic nomination. With 98% of precincts reporting, Cobb had a comfortable lead of several thousand votes as of late Tuesday night.
The 21st Congressional District covers a large portion of northern New York, including the northern part of Herkimer County and all of Lewis County.
Cobb will face Republican Elise Stefanik, a two-term incumbent, and Green Party candidate Lynn Kahn in the November 6 general election.
- Tedra Cobb unofficially wins 21st Congressional District Democratic primary
- Democratic primaries in 19th, 21st Congressional Districts today
- Assemblyman Bill Magee unofficial winner of 121st District Democratic primary
- Local Congressional Districts Primary Results
- 2018 Congressional Democratic Primary Results
- Bova unofficially wins Republican primary for 119th Assembly District
- Republican Stefanik wins 3rd term in 21st Congressional District
- Smullen unofficial winner of both primaries for 118th Assembly District
- Rachel May unofficial winner of Democratic Primary for 53rd Senate District
- Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin unofficially wins Republican primary