MADRID -- Spanish police seized a load of pineapples that were transported from Costa Rica.
Inside the fruits, authorities found about 147 pounds (67 kilos) of cocaine hidden inside cylinders.
The pineapples were emptied and each one was filled with a cylinder coated with wax to insulate the odor of the drug.
As part of the operation, seven people were arrested in Madrid and Barcelona.
- Cocaine-filled pineapples seized in Spain
- Utica traffic stop leads to cocaine charge for Oneida man
- Cocaine, psychedelic mushrooms among items found during Oneonta search
- Cocaine and synthetic marijuana found during Rome traffic stop
- Utica man and woman charged following investigation into cocaine sales
- Herkimer man accused of possessing cocaine inside county jail
- Utica man pleads guilty in cocaine conspiracy case
- Ilion man charged in crack cocaine trafficking investigation
- Local police having tough time filling vacancies
- 53 dogs seized in Otsego County