DEERFIELD, N.Y. -- The man who was airlifted to a Syracuse hospital after a crash in Deerfield Monday has died.
State police say 79-year-old Gerald Cady, from Cold Brook, crossed the center line on Route 8 and hit a tree.
He had to be extricated from the truck and airlifted to a Syracuse hospital.
Police also say a child was in the truck, and was rushed to the hospital with injuries not considered to be life-threatening.
The road was shut down for hours Monday evening.
The cause of the crash remains under investigation.
- Cold Brook man dies after Deerfield crash, child injured expected to be OK
- 1 man injured in truck rollover in Deerfield
- 77-year-old Deerfield man accused of sexually abusing child
- Santa comes to Deerfield
- School bus involved in Deerfield crash
- Driver in Deerfield crash in critical condition
- Man killed in logging equipment accident in Cold Brook
- Coin collectors converge on Deerfield
- Poland man seriously injured, charged with DWAI after truck hits tree in Deerfield
- Cold Brook woman accused in box cutter attack with child present