UTICA- With the arctic temperatures upon the Greater Utica Area, many made sure to stay inside this weekend. However, despite the temperatures some had to work out in the cold.
At the North Utica CITGO gas station, attendants spent hours out in the cold while pumping gas for the those in need. Hundreds of drivers filed in and out of the station throughout the day, while having the luxury of staying inside their vehicle.
“It doesn’t get any better than this,” said Mike Sadallah, from Utica. “They are going to get a tip of at least ten bucks.”
Sadallah wasn’t the only one to mention tips. Throughout the day customers tipped workers and gave them words of encouragement.
“These guys are heroes working in this kind of weather,” said Meho Dezinic, of Utica. “And they deserve some kind of tip a really good tip.”
As for Marcy resident, Melissa Howell, who was dodging the temperatures, “I would probably have my 17 year old son helping me out.”
If you were counting the days left until spring, the magic number is 73. Also, as a safe reminder if you’re traveling in sub-below temperatures make sure to keep your skin covered and wear many layers.
- Cold Hard Cash
- Hard work pays off
- Emergency funds: Keeping cash on hand
- Senate Democrats: NY should eliminate cash bail
- Toddler shreds more than $1,000 in cash
- Snow plows hard at work during Wednesday's storm
- Hard work underway to prepare Utica Zoo for accreditation inspection
- NY Canal Corporation working hard on Erie Canal winter maintenance
- Mustangs using hard work to return to the playoffs
- Marauders working hard to get back to the Dome