The cold temperatures overnight were perfect conditions for snowmaking, which means for an early opening day at Woods Valley ski area in the town of Western.
The snowmaking guns have been fired up creating a blanket of manmade snow to accompany the natural snow we've already seen.
Woods Valley opens tomorrow morning at 9 a.m., the band Psychometrics will perform.
The ski hills will also be open on Sunday, with "Nina’s Brew" performing at 1 p.m.
- Cold temps mean early opening day at Woods Valley
- Woods Valley opens early
- Cold Temps Freeze Up Batteries
- Earliest opening for Woods Valley in 56 years
- Mohawk Valley warming stations open during bitterly cold weather
- Firefighters battled wind, cold temps during Ava house fire
- Ridiculously cold temps in the Northeast break records
- Mug Club: 'Into the Woods' at Sauquoit Valley CSD
- Golf season starts early at Hidden Valley
- Cold weather this Valentine's Day