The battle between spring and winter continues to remain one sided. This weekend is a perfect illustration of how frustrating it can be to live in and north of Central New York. A warm front will stall south of our area, keeping the warmth and sunshine well south of our area. Attached is a map showing the dramatic temperature differences across New York State in the afternoon. This is literally all four seasons at once!
What all this means locally is that the weather remains generally the same over the next several days. With the front stuck to the south, clouds and rain showers will be the norm. High temperatures remain in the 40s with a few spots getting near 50 south of the valley. If the front continues to trend south, it will get colder. If this was any other April it would be a big change - but this April it's just another day.
A round of heavy rain is expected Monday and could bring the risk of flooding. Stay tuned.
- Cold, unsettled weather continues through the weekend
- Unsettled weather returns
- Humidity, unsettled weather ahead
- Unsettled weather lingers through the weekend...
- Cold this weekend
- Cold weather settling in
- Record breaking cold expected this weekend
- Snow replaces the bitter cold this weekend
- Mild weather continues through Thursday
- Drier weather returns this weekend